Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

NE556 transistor tester nor working

Status
Not open for further replies.

geologie

Hi, i took on the net a circuit that use the 556 timer to test transistor. But the circuit is not working; the led's aren't blinking when power on. Some other person comments that the circuit is not working. What is the bug on the circuit or the parts?

**broken link removed**

Thanks

Michel

link is broken

Dead link

Try again, or upload directly on the forum :)

Attachments

• err.png
    err.png
    5.5 KB · Views: 285
hi Grossel,
I just downloaded that link ok.?

Same here, no problemo.

Any comments on the "goodness" of this as a transistor checker? Guess it's pretty much a go/no-go tester.

You can do what that 555 does and more testing of transistors by just using a decent ohm-meter

The circuit above will not work.
Pins 2 and 6 and pins 12 and 8 detect voltage levels and must be connected to a positive voltage via resistor. Pins 1 or 13 must be connected to the electro to discharge it. This means a number of connections and parts are missing.

Here is my simple version, that DOES work:

TransistorTester.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back