NE556 transistor tester nor working

Status
Not open for further replies.

geologie

Hi, i took on the net a circuit that use the 556 timer to test transistor. But the circuit is not working; the led's aren't blinking when power on. Some other person comments that the circuit is not working. What is the bug on the circuit or the parts?

**broken link removed**

Thanks

Michel

link is broken

Dead link

Try again, or upload directly on the forum

Attachments

• err.png
    5.5 KB · Views: 285
Same here, no problemo.

Any comments on the "goodness" of this as a transistor checker? Guess it's pretty much a go/no-go tester.

You can do what that 555 does and more testing of transistors by just using a decent ohm-meter

You can do what that 555 does and more testing of transistors by just using a decent ohm-meter

Yes, but this seems much more convenient. I'm thinking of building one with very small alligator clips. Very handy for quick go/no-go testing.

The circuit above will not work.
Pins 2 and 6 and pins 12 and 8 detect voltage levels and must be connected to a positive voltage via resistor. Pins 1 or 13 must be connected to the electro to discharge it. This means a number of connections and parts are missing.

Here is my simple version, that DOES work:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…