Neat Project You've Done...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I figured I'd start this to see what interesting creations people have made in the past....

Mine are:

1) SUMO robots for our high school. They weigh 150 lbs and run on car batteries. Plus, they can carry me (160lbs)...

2) Right now I'm working on a homemade CNC mill from an old printer and a couple of stepper motors I have lying around. The printer used was an Epson Stylus Color 660, which has a great frame if you strip it correctly, allowing about 8-10 inches of horizontal travel if you modify the cartridge carrier. The vertical space is about 3 inches (I think) and could be made even greater if the printer were mounted on a pedastal of some sort.

The thing will work like this:

MCU from computer's LPT port to motor drivers...

The printer's stepper controls the X, add in the Y and Z...

Plus a Dremel or other high-speed motor and Voila! a CNC mill capable of doing PCB etching, various other kinds of etching and possibly part manfacturing. If I have the time I'll take some photos.

-Infamous

Project

I am currently working on a 12 way detonator control box for my pirotechnics displays...... In the summer a group of us do medieval re-enacting and my job is to create the charges for the cannon shots to simulat the hits on the target.........

For the last three years I have set the charges off by touching the wires on to a 12V battery, sometimes forgetting witch ones I had already set off could be imbarissing So for next season I will have the control box

:lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…