Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

NEC uPD78P324GJ(A) alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyred

Hello All,

I would need your help in finding an alternative for a NEC uPD78P324GJ(A) 16-/8-Bit Single-Chip Microcomputers 74 pin.

I'm struggling for some time now to find it, I'm from Europe and haven't find the above anywhere available for order so I'm looking for an alternative easier to find

Thanks in advance

You say alternative, but in what sense, to replace that failed chip or to build a completely new circuit.

What about the program code ?

I'm waiting for a friend to come back to me with the original code

I want to replace the failed chip not the entire circuit

Best bet is to contact the sales guys there and ask if it can be directly replaced or if some old guy they keep in a dark room knows where one dropped off the back of a bench. seriously talk to them you would be surprised how often I have come up trumps like this

I'm waiting for a friend to come back to me with the original code

I want to replace the failed chip not the entire circuit

You would have to completely rewrite the code for the new chip, and I'm presuming you don't even have the code for the old one? - it's also pretty certain that you'd have to make considerable hardware changes.

I can get the code no worries about that, the question is what can I do about the hardware or what to use as replacement/alternative

I can get the code no worries about that, the question is what can I do about the hardware or what to use as replacement/alternative
If you have the source code and know what each pin on the chip is doing then your best option may be too piggy back. Use a chip with similar functions and adopt the code to that chip, then connect from the board with the new chip to the desoldered pads of old chip. BUT this depends if you have looked at the old datasheet to see if they do a chip with the same functions on the same pins, if so then you simply (Ha ha) replace with new chip and adapt the code. But no way to know unless you understand what the chip is doing and go trawling through god knows how many data sheets. Personally a email to tech services or a phone call is where I would start, the sales guys should know there product range and the older ones who have been there a while should have a good idea if you can use a almost pin for pin replacement and just tinker the code.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back