Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need a alternative circuit for the 74ls259

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marks256

I just bought a bunch of stuff from jameco for my z80 system, as well as parts for this linux eeprom programmer. I have every thing i need now (for both projects), except i accidentally ordered 1 74ls259 instead of the two that i need! :( Now i can't finish the EEPROM programmer, and once again my z80 is on hold! :mad:

Is there a way around this (as in a combination of ics to imitate the functions of the 74ls259?) or am i going to have to waste some more time and money and order from jameco AGAIN just so they can charge me an arm and a leg, and force me to wait for 2 weeks before i actually have it?

:( :( :(

Or does anyone have any other parallel port eeprom programmer schematics for linux? i guess DOS would be ok, too...

Depends a lot on which of the 4 operating modes are used by your circuit. Can you provide more detail? (Like a relevant piece of the schematic)?

At a minimum, several pins in your schematic are tied high or low. Which are they?

Here, i will upload the schematics in gif format.

I am assuming all four modes will be used? I am not sure?

Attachments

• schematic.gif
    schematic.gif
    62.7 KB · Views: 262
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back