Need a alternative circuit for the 74ls259

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marks256

I just bought a bunch of stuff from jameco for my z80 system, as well as parts for this linux eeprom programmer. I have every thing i need now (for both projects), except i accidentally ordered 1 74ls259 instead of the two that i need! Now i can't finish the EEPROM programmer, and once again my z80 is on hold!

Is there a way around this (as in a combination of ics to imitate the functions of the 74ls259?) or am i going to have to waste some more time and money and order from jameco AGAIN just so they can charge me an arm and a leg, and force me to wait for 2 weeks before i actually have it?

Or does anyone have any other parallel port eeprom programmer schematics for linux? i guess DOS would be ok, too...

Depends a lot on which of the 4 operating modes are used by your circuit. Can you provide more detail? (Like a relevant piece of the schematic)?

At a minimum, several pins in your schematic are tied high or low. Which are they?

The programmer in that link uses 4040s.
**broken link removed**

Mike.

Here, i will upload the schematics in gif format.

I am assuming all four modes will be used? I am not sure?

Attachments

• schematic.gif
    62.7 KB · Views: 262
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…