Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need a circuit for a school project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aleminio

I need to build a project, it's like a matriculation exam.

any way, i have almost an year to build the thing, but i have only 2 weeks
to find an idea. I need to send it and hope it's good enough for them
to accept it.
we were doing only little circuits so far, for example a led which set alight by applause... you can figure out my almost nil experience :p

I would like to hear your ideas of something nice i could build.
it should be something a little advanced but not too difficult to build.
what might be difficult? parts which are hard to find (over here in israel :) ), parts which i would never guess how to connect, a cercuit which cost too much and so on.

ty, and sorry for my lame english :p

There are plenty of circuits in the forums here, but you would need to search some. They are mostly works in progress, the finish circuit seldom posted, but you do get a lot of arguement and instruction on what's best and how it works, which is a good thing for beginners.

You could try http://discovercircuits.com . There are thousands of schematics to look through, in most every concieviable catagory. You might find something to your liking there.

For a project to last the whole school year, wouldn't have a clue what to suggest. Something that interests you personally, and something useful. If you are into audio stuff, amplifers aren't too bad. Electronics in general, power supply or some piece of test equipment. Radio stuff...

Do your own work - we certainly won't do it for you.

Sorry, we get dozens of requests for projects from students. Some want to be walked through from start to finish, want indepth explination for each compent, all the math used and so forth. Which would be help for a great number of people. But these students don't seem to make any effort on their own, and some of the members express themselves instead of just ignoring a topic they aren't interested in. There are people using this forum from most countries, so have to tolerate cultural differences.

Now, this guy was honest from the title of this thread, and in his request. I respect that, and pointed him to a site where he might find something of interest to start on.

When I was in school, we had projects, but it wasn't that serious. The idea was just to build something and get it working. The circuit itself was of little importance, it was the construction skills. We prepared and etched the PCB, drilled the holes. Gathered the parts and stuffed the board, soldered, tested, troubleshoot, tested some more, and final build a case for the finished project. There were no papers to write, and usually the whole class was aware of your progress through out.

Aleminio , can you post up a link to your local electronics suppliers in Israel?
Lets see what you have to work with , and we should be able to find something you can build. HarveyH42 is quite correct a wealth of circuits are to be found on the web for free, plus electronic scrap may contain some useful devices that you can re-use to build your project.

One gentleman in the united states of america even builds his own transistors and other electronic parts as a hobby. Circuit boards can even be made from pasta.

HarveyH42 said:
When I was in school, we had projects, but it wasn't that serious. The idea was just to build something and get it working. The circuit itself was of little importance, it was the construction skills. We prepared and etched the PCB, drilled the holes. Gathered the parts and stuffed the board, soldered, tested, troubleshoot, tested some more, and final build a case for the finished project. There were no papers to write, and usually the whole class was aware of your progress through out.

That's exactly what we are doing, just need to have the project working.
and to write a "book" about how it works.

I just need an idea of something interesting, building the circuit itself or finding one on the net is already my problem.
thx for the web, hope i'll find something.

The Mad Professor, I couldn't find any israeli electronic shop over the net with an english translation.

EDIT:
some of those code locks looks interesting.
what do u think?
http://discovercircuits.com/E/elec-lock.htm

Last edited:
English translation not required , electronics is a universal language.

Besides which it's interesting to see how my search results are being filtered by Google and the like , because out of curiosity I went looking to see what I could find.

I digress,
Code locks are a good demonstration of logic gates,
these logic gates can also be used make touch sensitive switches..
Perhaps these two circuits would make a project together ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back