need a locking switch circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrew2022

i need a switch circuit so when a switch is pushed, an LED lights up and remains on until a reset button is pressed. there will be 2 wires going to the circuit (+ and -) but i would like to have a return signal tot he main circuit thru one of these cables (rather than have a 3rd cable. as for the retun i was thinkin of makin the switch circuit part run from 6V and have the - going back to the circuit trigger the main circuit with the ramaining 6v (if u understand what i mean).
any1 know how i can make the switch part and would the way of having the return thru the - cable work?

thanx

Andrew, I read your post three times but still cannot make any sense of it :?
Care to re-write it a little bit clearer?

For example, where is the pushbutton switch, the LED, the main circuit located in relation to each other? IOW, between what parts is the 2 core cable?
Also, what's the return signal for?
Klaus

I think all you are looking for is a basic set-reset flip flop, but again, I didn't inderstand most of your post, so I'm not sure.

Maybe is you drew a block diagram showing where you want everything in relation to everything else it would make it a bit clearer.

hopefully ull be able to understand this a bit better.

i have a circuit board with a 12v psu and 4 LEDS. there are to be 4 switches located away from the main board. what i need is when i press switch A, it lights an LED next to the switch and also send a signal back to the main board lighting LED A. i also want to have only 1 pair of cables going to the switch. as fo switching, i need to to have 2 PTM switchs so when 1 switch is pressed, the LED lights and will remain lit (even if the on button is pressed again) until the reset button is pressed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…