Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need a motorised mini telescopic antenna for movie prop!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moxon

Knowing my way around some basic electronic components & knowing which way to point a soldiering iron, I have been given the job of building a couple of little "spy" devices for an upcoming low-budget movie.

These things DO NOT DO ANYTHING! They just need to look pretty! What I wanted to make was a little metal box with a few switches & buttons & flashing LEDs etc. One switch I really wanted to make a miniature antenna extend out, like a transceiver device.

However looking around I'm beginning to think there are no such things as "miniature motorised telescopic antennae"??

Can anybody here please offer any advice? I am fine with the boxes, the switches & buttons, the LEDs etc etc. But I need some sort of antenna-looking metal rod that will slide out of the box at the flick of a switch!

Thank you, and sorry about strange request lol.

How big (or small) is miniature? How much travel? Telescoping transistor radio antennas are hollow inside and you could rig up something similar to a car radio antenna. E

Thanks for the replies! Yes it is a little metal gadget I need to make (maybe half the size of a pack of cigarettes). A car antenna is way too big. I will look at using a servo to physically push out a metal rod. Thanks again for all your suggestions.

A car antenna is way too big
Not if you have the camera a long way off and use a blue/green screen technique and a bit of editing :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back