Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need a quick circuit for a reversing linear actuator switch... um.. QUICK

Status
Not open for further replies.

iso9001

Hi,

I have a problem thats easy but I want to do it right and with as few parts as possible. Didn't know if someone had a quick trick for this,

I have 2 linear actuators that are 12V (5.1A max) that are tied together. Two wires each, need to reverse polarity to drive them in an opposite direction. They have internal limit switches so this should be easy enough

Wanted to use a 3 way rocker for up/lock/down. Can't think of any way to do it without using 2 relays....

Anyone have a better idea ?

iso9001 said:
Hi,

I have a problem thats easy but I want to do it right and with as few parts as possible. Didn't know if someone had a quick trick for this,

I have 2 linear actuators that are 12V (5.1A max) that are tied together. Two wires each, need to reverse polarity to drive them in an opposite direction. They have internal limit switches so this should be easy enough

Wanted to use a 3 way rocker for up/lock/down. Can't think of any way to do it without using 2 relays....

Anyone have a better idea ?

You will need two relays. One double pole to flip the + and - and one to kill the + to stop/lock it.

If the limiter switches kill the power, then one DP relay will work.

use a four pole double throw (3 position switch), if not available a two pole double throw will do, connect your actuators in parallel when powered go to opposite direction, just like reversing a single actuator, the difference is there's one actuator connected going opposite direction

i found this it might help you out **broken link removed** and this **broken link removed**

I assumed by your Email you want to do this with relays. If this a button/swtich project?

Double pole 3 position switch. ON-OFF-ON.. The ON spots you flip the poles.

yea, DPDT is the way to go it seems.

There are some other design restrictions which make it a little harder, but I got it figured out.

Thanks everyone,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back