Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need a thermostat diagram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's one scheme using PIC 16F872 and a display.

Attachments

• thermometer_200.gif
    thermometer_200.gif
    23.7 KB · Views: 1,002
The full link of the above article is as follow. The source code for the PIC is available for download too.

**broken link removed**

Nigel Goodwin said:
But why 'two chip' when it clearly consists of three chips :lol:

Good point. Not my fault as I just quoted the article title. Incidentally, the reader's comment on this article made a very good read. 90% ask the author what to do using a 8051 and I have quoted below some of the more interesting ones, especially the last one shown below.

Anonymous -August 13, 2005

which micro cntrllr is that? i've been working on micro controller for last 11 years and never came across anything like that?!

;-----------------------------------

I am looking for a non-contact thermometer sensor.

;------------------------------------

Dear Sir, I am working on particular project but having trouble finishing it. It seems like the ic # PIC16F872 has some alphabetical codes given after the number which are PIC16F872/JW, -I/P, -I/SO, -I/SS. Please specify which coded ic is used in your particular diagram?

;-------------------------------------

How about the source code---is it really functional?

The original poster asked for a "thermostat" to "Control" the temperature. The suggested circuit only measures the temperature.

JimB

JimB said:
The original poster asked for a "thermostat" to "Control" the temperature. The suggested circuit only measures the temperature.

JimB

True. With the source code available, and the existing temperature measured, one only needs a few PIC instructions to turn ON/OFF the heating source.

I not tested the code because i usually do my code... but i already used PIC16F872 in other projects and i think that's very good! A few instruction will control the heating source :lol:

Thanks to all for answering.
But I what I need something simple of constructing and not having to apply codes, etc. And to have On/Off's possibility for the heating.
Thanks and sorry my bad english....

I have two suggestions if you want SIMPLE:

1. A mechanical thermostat
2. An inexpensive digital temperature conroller with ON/OFF capability

Both can be purchased for various prices from cheap to expensive.

If you want to build something, there are lots of schematics to be found on the internet if you GOOGLE them. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back