Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need a way to energize a coil based when 4 switches go down...

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick99e99

I have a 4 switch circuit that has 8 pin outs:

STB, SW1, SW2, SW3, SW4, GND, GND, +5V.

STB has 4.6v constantly
SW1-SW-4 are 0.15v when off, and 0.65v when down.

I am looking for a way to make it so that when SW1, SW2, SW3, SW4 are all equal to 0.65v each (so 0.65v * 4, or 2.6v), then I want to trigger sending 50v to a coil for 1 second, and then cut off the 50v.

So, I am wondering what my options for this are? Do I want to use transistors to construct AND gates, to detect when all 4 switches are ON? Or is there an easier way to do this? I also am unsure what my options are for limiting the 50v for a one-time 1 second time interval.

I'd love to hear whatever creative ideas you guys might have on this...

Thanks!

so 0.65v * 4, or 2.6v
Are you sure? Aren't all of SW1-SW4 at 0.65V relative to GND when 'on'?

You can connect the 4 switch outputs through resistors together to form a summer, then feed this to a comparator with a set point just below 0.65V, and some hysteresis. The output of the comparator can feed into a monostable multivibrator which can control a transistor to turn on your coil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back