Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Circuit diagram and Components details for making a 2.1 speaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

babupremkumar71

Can anyone have idea about making a 2.1 speaker without spending lot of money..
If so please share with me.. No offense meant if u give idea for a stereo speaker too. please share ur knowledge...

Thank you,
Prem
:D

A 2.1 speaker system has two small satellite midrange/tweeters and one small woofer. Each has its own amplifier so the circuit is simply 3 amplifiers and a simple crossover network to feed high frequencies to the tweeters and feed bass frequencies to the woofer.
You can buy cheap systems for $55.00. Each tweeter amplifier has a power of only 2W and the woofer amplifier has a power of only 9W. Their frequency response is not smooth and there is no deep bass.

Bose sells very expensive 2.1 speaker systems that sound the same as the cheap ones.

A 2.1 speaker system has two small satellite midrange/tweeters and one small woofer. Each has its own amplifier so the circuit is simply 3 amplifiers and a simple crossover network to feed high frequencies to the tweeters and feed bass frequencies to the woofer.
You can buy cheap systems for $55.00. Each tweeter amplifier has a power of only 2W and the woofer amplifier has a power of only 9W. Their frequency response is not smooth and there is no deep bass.

Bose sells very expensive 2.1 speaker systems that sound the same as the cheap ones.

Thank you...
And i never thought about BOSE... lol

Hi.

Here is an amplifier kit that you can build. One houndred watts is it's rating.

Last edited:
Guys need a circuit diagram please...
Do you want a tube amp, chip amp, or transistor amp. Should it be class A, B, A/B, H or M? What power do you what? What speakers do you have?
What power will it run off?

Do you know what you want?

9 watts for a subwoofer?!!! You might needed atleast 80~100 watts for subwoofer..
Cheap 2.1 sound systems use one 4" little speaker called a "sub-woofer" and two 2" little speakers as satellite tweeters. The little 4" speaker does not produce frequencies below 100Hz so it is not a sub-woofer. The little 4" woofer cannot survive more than only 10W and the little 2" tweeters cannot survive more than 5W.

My car has a 10" sub-woofer and is fed with 150W. I can feel the deep bass frequencies.

Do you want a tube amp, chip amp, or transistor amp. Should it be class A, B, A/B, H or M? What power do you what? What speakers do you have?
What power will it run off?

Do you know what you want?

Really i dont know much about u talking...
I had a CREATIVE 2.1 speaker, So i need to build a speaker which should give the same quality of my old speaker...

Can u...?

The cheap Chinese Creative SBS 2.1 350 speakers were sold for $20.00 to $40.00.
The amplifiers were 6W RMS for the woofer and only 3W RMS for the 2.5" tweeters. The woofer is only about 4" in diameter.

Thats fine as long as there is still a load on the amp when it turns on, other wise it may blow up.

He's talking about a load on the amplifier (i.e., speakers). I don't think you have to worry: most amps don't care if there's a load connected or not, so long as it's not turned up full blast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back