Need datasheet for rohm rcm2048r lcd module

Status
Not open for further replies.

davepusey

I need a datasheet for a rohm rcm2048r lcd module. It one i've just taken out and old fax machine and would like to use it in a pc mod im building.

davepusey said:
I need a datasheet for a rohm rcm2048r lcd module. It one i've just taken out and old fax machine and would like to use it in a pc mod im building.

Most LCD text modules use the Hitachi chipset (or equivilent), so generally they are all interchangable, and you don't require specific datasheets.

That model isn't listed on their website, but this one is , does your display only have 10 pins (like this one), rather than the normal 14?. It appears to be a 4 bit mode only version of the standard 4 or 8 bit Hitachi ones.

There's also a contact page, you could try asking if they have an old datasheet?.

As i know, R-OHM displays also HD44780 based, so any datasheet with this IC give enough information...

Actually it doesnt have any pins. It has a ribbon cable and a a pcb pin header connecter.

davepusey said:
Actually it doesnt have any pins. It has a ribbon cable and a a pcb pin header connecter.

Well actually none I've ever seen have 'pins' either (unless you fit them), usually just solder pads on the board - but how many wires in the ribbon?, 14 (as for a normal LCD) or only 10 (as in the datasheet I gave the link to).

davepusey said:
It has 30 wires.

It sounds like you are in big trouble :lol:

I would suggest buying a standard one, they are fairly cheap and work off freely available software.

I think You have some "hybrid" display... I have one with two sections: the first is a clock and calendar, the secondary is a normal alphanumeric, and working when the 5V is connected. Unfortunately i cannot reverse engineering the sec. section...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…