Need direction on finding The correct Wi-Fi relay

Not Yours

Hello
Brand new here. I’ll start with what I’m trying to do and tell you what I’ve done with no luck.

I have a sprinkler control box that I am trying to use the master valve/pump switch to power a motorized valve. This terminal will only work with a standard diaphragm valve or a high-powered pump relay at idle when not calling for the pump or valve to open it has 1.08 V when calling for the device to turn on it puts out a little over 16 V. For some reason, that’s not enough power to open this motorized valve the motorized valve when not receiving power is designed to close automatically. So I have tried ways of setting up a relay of some sort with an alternative power source to power the motorized valve and had zero luck so my next thought was let me power, the motorized valve separately, plug it into a smart plug connected to Alexa. Right now I just have it set up with a timer, however that doesn’t work well when the sprinkler system needs to think for itself and water at random so then I tried to find a signal relay that has Wi-Fi to detect the signal when it’s called, then I set up Alexa to detect when that relay is being switched on. And that should trigger the smart plug and open the valve.

I still have not found the right relay or the right way to set this up. Any suggestions or directions would be amazing thank you so much.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…