Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help building r/c car circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

jclaudii

I am building a device that will allow me to start my r/c car using a conventional 12v battery. I have two batterys, one is a sealed battery out of an old cellular bag phone, the other is my real car battery.

I need the little hobby motor to turn with about 8 volts instead of 12 so it will last longer. There is also a glow plug that needs 1.5 volts applied to it.

Now if I follow ohms law, How much current do I apply to the forumula. because my car battery is like 800 cranking amps. I want to tone the current down also to help improve little hobby motor engine life. Also, for the 12v to 1.5 volt drop in voltage I believe I have figured on either a 2.1ohm @ 5A or a 5.25 Ohm @ 2 amps. Not exactly sure how much current is needed to light a glow plug.

Any help or schemetic would be greatly appreciated. I always seem to fall short when dealing with voltage drops and wattage this and that.

Thank you guys alot, :D

Since your power source is 12V, and since the motor drops 8V, the remaining 4V will be wasted somewhere. What you should do instead is to run a 12V motor, but drive it with PWM signals to reduce current consumption.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back