Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help creating PWM setup to use transistor as switch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cg8798

Ok I had another thread about creating leds that were running lights, brake lights, and then sequential taillights. I figured out that a transistor can be used as a switch when using lower voltage and higher voltage. So I was trying to go through how it works but I don't know how I can wire it up correctly. So I thought that I could make a pwm that would use an extra transistor to control power. Now then pwm will look something like this:
**broken link removed**

My question is, does anyone notice how I could connect an extra transistor in that schematic to make the power from the brakes signal go through the extra transistor and into the setup I'm using for the sequential lights? I'm trying to figure it out but I'm not finding it. Help me out.

I also thought I might be able to use a transistor outside the pwm to make the switch. I'm just not seeing it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back