Need help explaining this >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electornic noob

i'm really new to electronics,

may somebody help explaining this whole schematic, please.

i only know what the 4 diodes and the capacitor next to it does, it converts AC to DC right?

then the rest schematic is just pictures to me O.O

please help

Attachments

• power supply.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 192
hi,
This datasheet explains the LM723 regulator, its an old style voltage regulator.

Look at the applications section.

Attachments

• LM723.pdf
    470.4 KB · Views: 275
capacitors in parallel smooth out ac signals.

best thing to do if you want to figure it out is to read each of the pins data, and find out what they do. (not so much as HOW they work!)

Look for the chapter that explains basic power supply operation. It'll tell you everything you need to know about your power supply schematic above. (The first thing you need to learn is how to read a schematic itself, in other words, what all those funny symbols mean.)

One thing you should realize is that the rectangular item labeled "LM723" is an IC (integrated circuit), aka "chip", which if you could see inside, contains about 100 times as many components as your entire schematic there. So just think of it as a "magic box", a complete circuit unto itself, with input and output pins that connect to your circuit.

* In honor of the O.P.'s handle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…