Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help for motorcycle parklight/brakelight using LED

Status
Not open for further replies.

toyds

I want to design a motorcycle parklight/brakelight with this names

1) "M - R" parklight/brakelight LED

M = 15 red LED
- = 2 red LED
R = 13 red LED

can you please give me an idea of what kind of circuit do i need to make so that i can have this output?

1. = M-R will have a dim light when switching the parklight switch
2. = when applying the brake lever M-R will have a bright light?

2) "igat" parklight/brakelight LED

i = 5 red LED
g = 14 red LED
a = 10 red LED
t = 7 red LED

1. = "igat" will have a dim light when switching the parklight switch
2. = when applying the brake lever "igat" will have a bright light?

thank you very much

By the way im using this kind of red LED

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Hi toyds,

I suppose you want either A) or B).

Is that right? What is the voltage you want to use?

Boncuk

Last edited:
If I've understood you, in option 1 you want just 2 LEDs on for parking and all 15 on for braking ?
I don't understnd what you want in option 2. Is that some sort of sequencing ?

It looks like a little 5mm LED but with a wide beam angle. My solar garden lights use an LED like that.
It is too small to be used as a light on a motor vehicle.
If you disperse the light then it will not be bright enough.
That is why it is illegal to tamper with lights on a motor vehicle in many countries.

Hi toyds,

I suppose you want either A) or B).

Is that right? What is the voltage you want to use?

Boncuk

Hello
I will make both A and B,
its actually for my friends parklight/brakelight motorcycle with 12V input supply

If I've understood you, in option 1 you want just 2 LEDs on for parking and all 15 on for braking ?
I don't understnd what you want in option 2. Is that some sort of sequencing ?

no i want to light ALL the LED in option 1 but its just a dim light around 10mA for each led maybe
then when I apply the brake ALL LED will have a bright light with around 20mA for each LED

It looks like a little 5mm LED but with a wide beam angle. My solar garden lights use an LED like that.
It is too small to be used as a light on a motor vehicle.
If you disperse the light then it will not be bright enough.
That is why it is illegal to tamper with lights on a motor vehicle in many countries.

yes its a 5MM LED with wide beam angle.i already make one like this but its just 10LED in all this one is more than 10 so i don't know how to configure or make the circuit that will last for at least a year or more :)

here in my country its not illegal to modify the parklight/brakelight as long as its RED in color either bulb or LED

Last edited:
Hi toyds,

here are circuit suggestions for both, A) and B).

At 12V the LED current will be about 18mA, giving enough safety margin for higher supply voltage when the alternator is running (13.8V).

The dimmed LEDs just look very dim in the simulation. You might adjust the additional series resistor according to actual LED brightness.

Just group the LEDs as shown and distribute them in the enclosure as you like.

Boncuk

Attachments

• PARK.gif
    PARK.gif
    15.1 KB · Views: 144
  • PARK-01.gif
    PARK-01.gif
    16.2 KB · Views: 144
  • PARK-03.gif
    PARK-03.gif
    15 KB · Views: 135
hello Boncuk,