Need help getting started with IR project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Promocom

I would like to build a Pic-based ir remote control that I can easily reprogram based on other remotes or their hex codes. I've seen projects for controlling computer programs but I want to use it like a universal remote.
thanks

The easiest way would be to have the PIC read and store the IR code from a remote. It could then reproduce it and you don't even have to know what the code is!

That would be ok for a one time deal, but this is for a business application where I would like to keep track of all the codes in a computer and then burn them to a pic and send them to clients to plug into the units with the updated codes. I've been using universal remotes and it's been a real hassle.
Right now I have the "Pronto" hex codes on my computer that I will need and if I can convert them to something a pic can reproduce that would be great.

It's already been done! - so why reinvent the wheel?.

Try looking at the "Comgenius" remotes, these are programmed via a special serial lead from a computer.

If you really want to do it yourself?, you first have to decide on a scheme for reading and storing the remote codes, and then write a PIC program to read the stored data and transmit a replica of the original codes. You then need to get all the data files you require!.

A public forum is hardly the place to get any of this information, it's generally kept 'secret' as many companies make their livelihood from them! (such as One For All!).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…