Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Help:I need some info of PWM motor control!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watch out.
This one is just a variable frequency oscillator (Its pulse width duty cycle stays the same) that might change the speed slightly if its frequency is high enough to reduce the current due to the inductance of the motor:

Attachments

• PWM DC motor speed control.PNG
    PWM DC motor speed control.PNG
    7.1 KB · Views: 230
Hey

Have you thought about using a PIC to do it. Some of them make it real easy with build in PWM features. A FET on the output can drive the motor.
Just an idea.

Here are some extra's on PWM and Speed Control
**broken link removed**

Good Luck!

5 years later...but hey! I found an interesting way to generate PWM signals using the 555 controlled by a PIC. It's cool because you run the PWM externally from the pic saving on code and I/O pins. See "123 Robotics Experiments for the Evil Genius"by Myke Predko, page 210. Basically the 555 feeds a counter going to a comparator that is controlled by 4 DIP switches (I think those 4 DIP switches can be replaced by a PIC thereby allowing for speed control). For those motor controllers that use 2 PWM inputs, you would just whip up 2 of these circuits.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back