Need Help In Choosin a course.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotchbrite

Hi,

i'm an pre-final yr engg student of electronics branch.....
i wanna do some course outside.....i cant figure out which one.....software or hardware.....personnelly i like hardware but dunno wat is the demand in market.....i came over a embedded systems course covering the following topics:-
"PIC,8051,AVR,POWER PC,ARM,DSP,TCP/IP,BLUETOOTH,GPRS,12C,CAN,GPS,
GSM,CMDA,ADVANCED 'C',VC++,EMB. 'C',EC++,KEIL uV2,DEVICE DRIVERS,RTOS,Vx WORKS,WIN CE,LINUX Int.,RT LINUX "

Few of ma frens also told me SAP n .NET courses r also good......

wat exactly is SAP n .NET ?.....is the embedded systems course stated above a good package ?.....i told u before....i'm kinda more interested in hardware....

plz help me decide.....

Thanks in Advance!!!

I would suggest english for starters. For someone interested in hardware, you sure did list alot of computer oriented flubby-dubb.

.NET is a structure that is going to be built into Windows VISTA. Go to microsoft.com and download on of the .net programming environments. C/C++, Visual BASIC, C#, Java, etc...

Don't pick based on demand in the market. University is such that if you don't like what you're studying, you'll never make it through (and if you do, you will hate yourself).

If you want all software, that is computer science.
If you want the digital hardware and the low level software that lies above that, that is computer engineering.
If you want mostly hardware, that is electrical engineering.

I am thinking of going to college for Computer Engineering... but then again i haven't graduated high school yet, so that is a ways off... things could change...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…