Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help in circuit design for current fault

Status
Not open for further replies.

ehab_salama91

i want to make circuit for using it to indicate if there is fault in the current moving in overhead cables by sensing the di/dt in the current .plz help me guys

can you be a bit more specific? overhead cables.... RF, AC power, DC power, audio, video??????

If you doesn't just go and saturate the iron core, here's a simple solution:

Attachments

• I_diff.png
    I_diff.png
    77.9 KB · Views: 185
for that matter, a resistor inline with the terminals going to the op amp would be simpler.....
looks like i need to come up with an award for strange/vague questions.... the Wile E Coyote Award and the Marvin the Martian Award just doesn't seem to apply here..... somebody help me out with a comedian or cartoon character whose trademark is "Vague"

Most high current ammeters -10A and up- use a clip-on current sensing transformer instead of a wasteful dropping resistor.

-Ben

thanks for replying me
but i need to design a circuit to indicate that there is a fault in the overhead transmission line current

A hot stick is an insulated pole, there about 25ft long.

Not sure where the OP is from, but here i think it would be deemed illiegal to attach a wire to a power line and have it connected to some peice of equipment, 44,000v is not something you want to plug into.

Last edited:
Ain't going to reach a 100+ foot hydro line, it's also dangerous and stupid. This has got to be an ill conceived school project.
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Surely it cant be a school project, it could never be tested, it would be unsafe, and ultimatly unuseable. i would assume these were parameters needed to be considered when choosing the project.

I must admit im also curious as to why anyone would want/need to do this. by the way you already have a current detector on your mains supply, switch the lights on, if they come on your good, if not youve no current

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back