Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Help In Designing Low Pass Tracking Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I need help regarding low pass tracking filter i have a piezoelectric accelerometer mounted on a shaft bearing to measure vibrations level.
when i monitor that signal on oscilloscope it has a lot of noise and many harmonics like 2x,3x.. and so on
is it possible to design a filter which can track 1x only without disturbing the phase of the input signal.
thanks in advance.

is it possible to design a filter which can track 1x only without disturbing the phase of the input signal.
Tracking filters are difficult to design, and filtering can't be done without changing the signal phase.
Why are you concerned about phase? :confused:

I am concerned about the phase because its kind of small disc balancing system where angle should be measured accurately and if phase difference is much larger between what enters the filter and what leaves then it will be of no use then.
just in case of designing what are the complications in designing such filters aren't there filtering IC's available which can track the input signal.....?
Please discuss the complications should i not thought of designing on my own? or there are any ready to install filters available?
Thanks

For disc balancing can't you use a fixed rotation rate, thus avoiding the need for a tracking filter?

well yes i can use fixed rotation but tracking filter is required its R&D based project which requires varying rpm of disc..
is it really that difficult..?
actually i want to extract sine wave out of noisy vibration signal (1x vibration signal) then to compute magnitude and phase in hardware currently i am doing in software which takes a lot of time to compute...

Couldn´t you just record the signal and process it in the PC digitally?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back