Need Help installing Bigger Battery holder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello i know absolutely nothing about electronics for the most part. I bought a tommy 20 dart gun and it currently has a batter holder that holds 3 batteries. i want to upgrade it to maybe 8 how do i get a battery pack that only has a black and red wire to fit mine? if you leave me your email address i can send you pictures of my current battery pack and of the battery pack i am looking to install my email is tmracing93@yahoo.com thanks
Travis

What's the goal, to increase the charge time on the dart gun so you don't have to change batteries as often? You'll want to use the same number of batteries but bigger cells. So if it uses AA's right now you'll want to use C sized cells and if it uses Cs you'll want to use Ds. They would be wired exactly the same as the existing pack you'd just substitute your own wires.

Yeah sure, if you want to burn out the motor or electronics that drive the gun out... You can't just increase the voltage in something like that all willy nilly and expect it to work. It's kind of like putting Nitrous in a car, you can't run it all the time, only in short bursts, if you ran the gun like that all the time at the higher voltage it'd kill it, especially at the greater than 200% extra voltage you wanted to give it. You might be able to get away with 1 extra cell, but it depends on if there are any real electronics inside or just simple transistors and switches.

I could offer more suggestions but I'd need good photographs of the inside of the gun and all it's electronics/electrical connections, if you feel confident enough to take the gun apart for some good pictures and put it back together then by all means do so. But if you post pictures PLEASE make sure they're well focused with at least somewhat decent lighting and not absolutely massive in size. Some people post 2048x1024 images that are so badly out of focus and dark you can't tell anything, and they're 3-4meg large.

I'm not sure if you can post images yet as you're a new user and there are some kind of posting limits for new users, but if you take them and can't post them I'll give you my e-mail address so you can send them to me and I'll post them. Up to you how much effort you want to put into it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…