Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help on ADXRS150EB with PIC16F877

Status
Not open for further replies.

bahreen

Hi everyone
first of all i would like to say thank you for viewing my post of help. i am a newbie and i was ask to do a project on using the electronic gyroscope of adxrs150eb (by www.analog.com) to be interfaced with pic16f877. i am using the crystal oscilator of 20 mhz. the problem is, is my circuit of the adxrs150eb (as attach below) is adequate enough? i connected the RATEOUT pin to the AN0 of pic directly. the adxrs150eb is equiped with predefined capacitor.

reading through the datasheet is not adequate enough. so i kinda need some help from you experts out there. i think there should be an op-amp there right? which are the best? please help.

and the a/d for pic16f877 need to calculate the acqusition time. i was dumb calculating using the equations given in datasheet. please help!

Attachments

• circuit_201.gif
    circuit_201.gif
    16.5 KB · Views: 407
thanks nigel...
is it in the tutorial 11? your tutorial on pwm is also helpful
anyway, does my circuit need something to be add with? maybe need your personal opinion
thanks! :D

bahreen said:
thanks nigel...
is it in the tutorial 11?

Yes, tutorial 11.

your tutorial on pwm is also helpful
anyway, does my circuit need something to be add with? maybe need your personal opinion
thanks! :D

I don't know anything about the adxrs150eb, but (from your post) I presume it outputs an analogue voltage on pin 2?. What is the range of this voltage? - the default range of the PIC is 0-5V, but I use an external voltage reference in my tutorials to make it 0-2.5V.

hi again nigel
the adxrs150eb is actually an electronic gyroscope as when it senses a tilt, it will give out an analog output porportional to the tilting. meaning... no tilting gives around 2.5v. the output measures from 0 to 5v. do i need to have something to let it act as an interface between the pic and the adxrs?

thanks a million... you guys are helping me out. actually the project is my final year thesis. the project must be done and finished by the end of march. so i'm kinda late and need to be hurrying for me to graduate hehehe. thanks for helping!!

bahreen said:
hi again nigel
the adxrs150eb is actually an electronic gyroscope as when it senses a tilt, it will give out an analog output porportional to the tilting. meaning... no tilting gives around 2.5v. the output measures from 0 to 5v. do i need to have something to let it act as an interface between the pic and the adxrs?

You should be fine connecting directly to the PIC, although a series resistor may be a good idea (just in case), a 1K would be fine. Use the PIC A2D as 0-5V, using the Vdd rail as the +ve reference.

thanks a lots!!

hi nigel n everyone
gosh you have been helpful. thank you - really helped me a alot!

p/s: i had been to your site (search from google few back times) and using your tips/tutorial. never expected to actually 'interact' with the 'guru' himself :D

thanks!

hello guys
i want use ADXRS150EB in a circuit so that it gives me 2-D coordinates.
i dont know about this IC, iwant to know that can i use it for my project.
I so ,How??

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back