Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help programming atmel....please!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hazic

i'm trying to work with the atmel AT89S53 but i dont know how to program it, i'm searching the net for some help about it and i found a several ways to build a programmer and a saw that every programmer has to be connect to different lines of the controler, so my problem is that i have a programmer and i dont know where to connect each line between the programmer and the controller. i think but i'm not sure that the programmer is suitable for this controller, it has a connector for the serial port and it builds of some resistors, capacitors and a sipex-sp232acn.

can somebody help me???

you could help us to help you by telling us the name of the programmer and a link to it , if possible.. and a schematic of it would be nice..oh and a link to the controller also would help..

no there is no name. its a small pcb with some smt resistors and capacitors one transistor and the sp232, i took a buzzer and followed the lines and i came up with a schematic, i'll draw it into the pc and upload it in few minutes...

this is for reference

Attachments

• rs_232.jpg
    rs_232.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 1,497
the pins RXD and TXD of the controller are not involved with the programming process?

williB: mybe if you'll give me a full shematic combining all these components i'll be able to understand what to connect where...

(if it makes any different i forgot to say that i ignored some resistors in my draw...)
thanks your help...

ok... i'm starting to get the picture here....
pin 16 is 5V supply, and 9,10,11,12 is the data lines to/from the controller,
so i just need arrange lines 1,3,5,10 of the programmer outputs to the controller, and lines 2 to GND and 4 to +5V.

hazic said:
the pins RXD and TXD of the controller are not involved with the programming process?

it doesnt look that way
see page 24 of atmel pdf...
EDIT :: the serial programming part..

i don't think that the manual can help us about it because we are looking for the signals from the computer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back