Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help to build a 24V DC to 220V AC Inverter

Status
Not open for further replies.

gulzar

Hellow,
I am new and really want a full cercit diagram to build a 2000 Watts 24 DC to 220 AC inverter for my home. Pls.

find a circuit for a simple 12v to 220v (120) inverter, build it, study it, learn what it's really doing, and then scale up. be prepared to wind your own custom transformers, and to spend 2x or 3x as much as it would cost to buy a prefab unit.

You can never save money by building your own inverter, when harborfreight.com or others sell them so cheaply - built in China.

gulzar said:
Hellow,
I am new and really want a full cercit diagram to build a 2000 Watts 24 DC to 220 AC inverter for my home. Pls.

ha. 2kw output power. Assuming ~70% efficiency that puts the input power at 2.8Kw and at 24V that is a current of... 116A

where is this 24V comping from

I have to design/build a 28V (battery) to 28kVA inverter so it is possible but I have some sturdy batteries (well they sag to 15V when 3000A is drawn but hey)

Two big car batteries will take all night to charge then will supply the 2800W to run the inverter for about 1/2 an hour before the batteries boil dry.

Why does anybody need to waste 2000W during a power failure?
Use a 15W compact fluorescent light. Use a natural gas fireplace and a propane barbecue. Turn off the home theater and use a tiny TV to see the news. You don't need air conditioning during a power failure.

Can you power a diesel engine from the fat that McDonald's uses for cooking their fries? Does McDonald's give it away or pay you to take it away?

When I worked at the hot food take away secton in a supermarket the fat that drained off all the chickens was sold to cosmetic companies for use in soap and make up.

Hero999 said:
When I worked at the hot food take away secton in a supermarket the fat that drained off all the chickens was sold to cosmetic companies for use in soap and make up.

and when I used to work in a meat warehouse they use to leave 1tonne open-top boxes of dolab meat (all the bits of pigs of no use of sausages: masks, eyeballs, brain,...) out in the sun over a weekend to start to stew and get all squishy and then sell it to make lipstick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back