Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help to build firebot

Status
Not open for further replies.

anand_jain

i am trying to build robot which can locate and extinguish candle fire. the problem staement can be found on the following link.
https://www.shaastra.org/events/robotics/firefighter

the first sement which i am trying to complete is that i must build a model which is capable of reaching in the four rooms. for these can anyone suggest what kind of approach i must adopt, and what should bethe structure of my bot.

Thanks
Anand Jain

anand_jain said:
I am trying to build a robot which can locate and extinguish candle fire. The problem statement can be found in the following link.

The first segment which I am trying to complete is that I must build a model which is capable of reaching in the four rooms. For these, can anyone suggest what kind of approach i must adopt, and what should be the structure of my bot?
There are tons of different ways it can be done, that's the whole point. For moving around, you'll need something that can make sharp turns. Do you want something that can turn like a remote control car, or swivel on it's center like a lazy susan? You'll also need to detect walls. You could use feelers, infrared reflectors, sonar, bumperswitches, or lots of other things.

So it really depends on what you want.

This is probably not what your're looking for, but I one consideration you have to think about is how your bot is going to locate and identify the fire. If you use some sort of light sensor, you have to be careful about smoke which could affect your bot's input.

If I can suggest you a link to my website - my fire fighter robot -
www.robotica.co.il/movies/movies.php

I used the CmuCam in order to find the fire, combined with UVtrons, and home made IR detectors, in a long cylindrical cone . All of these are more than enough. Being creative enough you can do it with only one of these sensors - in some alignment that you need to put them at. and it wont cost alot either (buy some IR detectors at RadioShack ...)
Shachar

monttyle said:
anand_jain said:
I am trying to build a robot which can locate and extinguish candle fire. The problem statement can be found in the following link.

The first segment which I am trying to complete is that I must build a model which is capable of reaching in the four rooms. For these, can anyone suggest what kind of approach i must adopt, and what should be the structure of my bot?
There are tons of different ways it can be done, that's the whole point. For moving around, you'll need something that can make sharp turns. Do you want something that can turn like a remote control car, or swivel on it's center like a lazy susan? You'll also need to detect walls. You could use feelers, infrared reflectors, sonar, bumperswitches, or lots of other things.
So it really depends on what you want.
Yeah.............. i actually have to detect wall, and i went through the arena and now i come to know that it can be done in various. but according to algorithm i am try i need the bot which can follow the wall. So please tell how it can be done........... i would like to prefer IR sensors, Photo-transistor , because of its availability here.

So please guide me...........

i would be highly grateful to u.

Anand Jain

shachar said:

I used the CmuCam in order to find the fire, combined with UVtrons, and home made IR detectors, in a long cylindrical cone . All of these are more than enough. Being creative enough you can do it with only one of these sensors - in some alignment that you need to put them at. and it wont cost alot either (buy some IR detectors at RadioShack ...)
Shachar
shachar that bot is very cool 8)

Please give link of its english version

williB said:
shachar said:

Shachar
shachar that bot is very cool 8)

i went through the movies available on the page........ tho robot is really cool and mart nough to detect and blow-off the fire............ but i want know how all you did...... so please give me the link of english version

Thanks
Anand Jain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back