Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help to modify this button please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AK57HAY

Ok, so go easy guys as this is my first post and my electronics knowledge is limited but hope to expand it here.

I have a new steering wheel for my car. It has some buttons on the front which are obsolete because the wheel is from a newer car to mine so I don't have the hardware installed to make use of them. As you can see they are a + and - on the right and an "S" and "Set" on the left.

**broken link removed**

I want to use the buttons instead to connect up to my existing stick on steering wheel remote or even something else in the car to make use of the buttons and also make them light up as they're meant to do.

I have dismantled the button now and would like some help to work out what does what please. Is it possible for someone to tell me how it works and advise how I can modify it to wire up to a volume + and - button I have on a stereo remote? This button was originally a + and - button from the steering wheel shown earlier.

Front
**broken link removed**

Back
**broken link removed**

I've tested it with a multimeter and found that connecting either of the 1's and 4 together lights up the little SMD (LED) next to each button.

When connecting the meter (in diode mode) across pins 3 and 4 of each button the value on the meter goes from a fixed value to zero.

I don't know what pins 5 and 6 do on the plug. What I want is to get the LED's to light up at night (from a feed from the car which I will find), and utilise the buttons to work my stereo remote volume.

I already have a steering wheel remote that sticks on behind the wheel but want to feed the volume buttons on it from this button.

Anyone please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back