Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help to read a PC signal frm P18f452

Status
Not open for further replies.

RAJI

Hi, all I am using PIC 18f452 and C18 compiler,
I made a project, to scan two input pins of PIC and give to another two pins as output signals. I've succeeded.

But now I need to supply two inputs via PC (to both input pins),

Which port can I used serial or parallel?

I read little about serial communication, but it is too complex. Please anyone help me to do this.

Thank you Nigel, for your help, I'll try with your assembler programme. But I still require a C programm and circuit diagram with compatible with PIC 18f452 and C18 compiler.

Thank you Nigel, for your help, I'll try with your assembler programme. But I still require a C programm and circuit diagram with compatible with PIC 18f452 and C18 compiler.

There's no 'circuit' just a MAX232 connected to the serial pins on the PIC - check my tutorial hardware for an example.

Like I said, I don't use C, but I would expect such a common requirement to be covered in the examples with C18? - or at least in MicroChips application notes?.

There's no 'circuit' just a MAX232 connected to the serial pins on the PIC - check my tutorial hardware for an example.

Like I said, I don't use C, but I would expect such a common requirement to be covered in the examples with C18? - or at least in MicroChips application notes?.

That's a good idea Nigel, But I tried with the example code of C18 and that was not compiled correctly. But I didnot get the idea about the error saying

section 'bigdata' can not fit the section. Section 'bigdata' length=0x00000b00,

can you enyone explain that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back