Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Help to work with e18-d80nk adjustable ir sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

aadityadengle

Hi friends
I have to make circuit for following operation. I am not form electronics but some how i have to do the same from my own.

Operation:
I have 3 nos of e18-d80nk adjustable ir sensors A, B, C which are placed at position in line.
Now I also have 2 devices say X1 and X2 which can be operated by relay RL1 and RL2.

The Operation is when an object J will come infront of A it have to activate RL1. The relay RL1 has to be stay activated until the object J passes through B's range. when B senses the object it should deactivate RL1, also RL2 has to be get activated. this state of RL1 and RL2 has to be retained until the object comes to the C. when Object comes to C it has to close all relays.

Please help and suggest me some circuit for the same.

Sorry if you cant understand my question due to my bad English.

Last edited:
YES ROFF YOU ARE CORRECT
EVEN THE LOGIC IS
ON POSITION B, Relay 1 off and Relay 2 On
on position C, Relay 1 off and Relay 2 off
on position A, Relay 1 on and Relay 2 off

Also Some info about E18-D80NK INFRARED SENSOR SWITCH here

**broken link removed**

http://ishare.iask.sina.com.cn/f/20687981.html

PIN OUTS Red: +5V; Yellow: Signal; Green: GND
Here is a link to an English version of the IR sensor datasheet.

I need the datasheet for your relay. If you don't have that, I need the voltage and current ratings of the relay's coil.

This should work for you. It assumes that your sensor outputs are non-overlapping.
If you can't get BSS145, Another N-channel MOSFET will work, so long as it is specified as a logic level device.

i used BS170

Now can only operate 1st relay while A sensing the object.

Else time nothing happens even if b and c sens the object

also rl1 deactivates when sensor A stops sensing

Last edited:
i used BS170

Now can only operate 1st relay while A sensing the object.

Else time nothing happens even if b and c sens the object

also rl1 deactivates when sensor A stops sensing
As I mentioned, the circuit I posted does not have a Power On Reset, so it doesn't necessarily come up with both relays off. The only other state it can come up in is with RL1 off and RL2 on. This condition should correct itself once C has triggered, so the next ABC sequence, and all successive ones, should be correct. If this does not happen, then I think you have a wiring error.
Also, BS170 is not a logic level device. Rds(on) must be specified with Vgs<5V. It might work with BS170, or it might not.
I have modified the circuit to add Power On Reset, which will cause it to come up in the correct state when power is turned on, with both relays off. The circuit will not work correctly until the Reset cap has charged up, which will take several hundred milliseconds. If your power supply turn-on is fast, you can reduce R6 to 100k and shorten the time to about 50 milliseconds.
If you build this, don't forget to tie all unused inputs to ground, as shown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back