Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Help With a LED Flash Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

4662datalore

I need to flash 4, 2V LEDs at 3 second intervals. I have NE556N timers and the soldering know how. I just dont have the know how on how to make the circuits. I have read online what each of the pins are and found all the calculators. The problem I have is I dont know how to use or understand the diagrams. If someone could just tell me what I need and how to put it together I would be very grateful. Thanks

Just perform a google search on led flasher circuit, and you will find a cornucopia of info.
If after finding a circuit that you like and are still unclear then post your circuit here along with what portion your not understanding.

yes google search! thats what i did and then found out i needed a NE555 something... do u know where to get one? there are no radio shacks where i live... maybe a cheap toy?

The NE556 is a dual 555, if you can't get a 555 then just use the 556 and leave one of the 555s unused.

It can be done with a 555 & 4017, a 4040, or an RC circuit with a D flip-flop ( 4013). You didn't specify the circuit voltage, so TTL devices used could be a 7473, 74154, 74LS374, 7490 - you get the idea.

I need to flash 4, 2V LEDs at 3 second intervals. I have NE556N timers and the soldering know how. I just dont have the know how on how to make the circuits. I have read online what each of the pins are and found all the calculators. The problem I have is I dont know how to use or understand the diagrams. If someone could just tell me what I need and how to put it together I would be very grateful. Thanks

here is a video showing how to use a timer but it uses LM555
YouTube - 555 Timer chip tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back