Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help with a VFD VUmeter

Status
Not open for further replies.

szabi

hi,
I've got a stereo VFD VUmeter based on the AN6870N, which I would like to connect to the line out signal of a sound card, CD player...
From the data sheet, the IC can handle an input voltage between 0 and 8 Volts. I need some ideas to make this work, probably with an opapm with gain and an offset that pushes the line out signal in the 0-8V range. I'm not that familiar with opamps, so any help is appreciated, maybe a schematic with the right resistor values.
Thanks in advance, Szabi.

Attachments

• AN6870N.pdf
    172.8 KB · Views: 201
or would be enough just amplifying the sound card's line out signal with 1 transistor, and than rectifying it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back