Need Help with DC Electronic Load

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnnewton

I purchased a DC Electronic load, for verifying that output current capacity and current limiting on a circuit. I really wanted two, as I have some dual mosfets that may present a heating issue in certain circumstances. So, I purchased two Maynuo M9710, via e-bay, it was about the cheapest thing I could find (maybe a mistake).

Result: the manual is in Chinese, the plugs didn't fit the wall, all around a pretty poor experience. Once I found a plug, and this site: http://www.maynuo.com/english/pro.asp?tid=25 , I was able to download a manual for the M9711 / 12 , which I believe to be nearly the same as what I have by looking at it. I couldn't find a manual for M9710.

Here's the problem, I set the Constant current value via I-Set -> type value -> Enter. Then I press the on/off button, and the "OFF" changes to "Unreg", which the manual says to check the supply, and the connections. I have tried two supplies, anywhere from 0-50V, and current settings between 0.25A and 5A on the load, I still always get "Unreg".

I simply have my power supply wired to the dc load, + to +, - to -. I believe this to be correct, as the M9710 reads the input voltage. I just never get any current draw, even in "short" mode. Also, my ohmmeter reads several dozen kOhms of resistance, in all modes.

I know this is a long shot, but can anyone attempt to help me here? PDF attached, maybe I missed something.

Attachments

• 2009102937213561.pdf
    514.2 KB · Views: 211
cowboybob, thanks for taking the time to look. I saw that as well. I have the power supply on, and it's good for up to 30A, and the load is reading the voltage, so I think I've checked all those things.

What I didn't check was the input voltage switch on the back. It was set to 220, and when i turned it to 110, everything works fine. Case closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…