Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help with electron tube pinout

Status
Not open for further replies.

viper77707

i have an electron tube that has absolutly no part numer on it.it is from rca and it has "n1" written on it.it has a top cap and 5 pins on the bottom.they are arranged like this
........O...O

....O............O
.......O

i hope that will be enough to tell me the pinout.i know from looking at the insides it is either a pentode,tetrode or triode(i am hoping for a triode or pentode).thank you for looking!!:)btw the o's are the pins.i just want to know what each pin does

Not much information to go on.

How big is this valve (electron toob), can you post a picture of it?

JimB

Two of the pins will have a moderate resistance (10-100 ohms?) between them. Call them heater. If there's a pin with a noticeable capacitance (50 pF or more) against the heater, it's a cathode.

You can probably start with the assumption that the cap is the plate. Not always, but pretty common. Sometimes you can see where the cap wire goes.

The remaining two or three pins are likely to be grids. The screen grid will probably have the highest capacitance against the plate, the suppressor less, and finally control grid the least.

Sometimes there's a second plate, used as a diode. You'll want to check for this if one of the pins doesn't control the main plate current.

Here are 6 different tube bases with 5 pins and a cap. Your tube may be one of them, or not.:( I found these at this site.

Attachments

• tubes.PNG
    tubes.PNG
    12.4 KB · Views: 243
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back