Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help with header pin mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.

kittydog42

I made a mistake on my drill hole sizing on a board, and the through plated holes for my header pins were only drilled to .028", instead of .040". Do any of you know of a header pin with round tails that will fit in a .028" hole?

Just mount the header pins in a Dremel tool or power drill/drill press and use a grinding stone on the spinning half to hand mill it to the required size. As long as it's only one board and not a huge number of pins it shouldn't be too difficult. The header pins can be marked with a permanent marker and removed with a pair of pliers easily. Depends on exactly how many header pins you're talking about.

I could do that, but it is more like 50 boards. I found two companies that may make pins that will solve my problem, Mill-Max and Commcon.

You might find something like that at Samtec.
Jeff

kittydog42 said:
I could do that, but it is more like 50 boards. I found two companies that may make pins that will solve my problem, Mill-Max and Commcon.

I don't know if Mill-Max makes separate pins that small. But they do have headers with pins down to at least .018" diameter, available at mouser.com et al.

What kind of header do you need? i.e. What is the spacing and number of rows? And do you need male or female?

- Tom Gootee

**broken link removed**

-

I want .100" spacing, 1 x 10. I want .025" square pins on one side, and round pins that will fit into a .028 hole on the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back