Need help with infrarer switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

sal

hello.
i am trying to build a infrared switch to a circuit with flashing Led to my RC car, because its to tiring and boring each time that i want to use the leds need to open the car or use a switch included on the car. So with the infrared switch will be much more easy to turn it on/off.

So i will grateful for any help.

I would google for it. I saw a couple IR projects today looking for things.
Not sure how I ended up there.

Can you program a pic? You can use an 8 pin (12F675 or lesser). Look at the IR sensor via one pin, and if you see it do a pattern from your remote, flip a relay or transistor on and off to power your LED.

Do not recall the website. But look at the firefly schematic on blueroomelectronics.com for how to hook it up. Also, I think there is sample code here on this forum. Search the forum for firefly.

Thanks for the help i will try to do what you refered in your post and if i have any problem or if it works i come here to tell. once again thanks

The IR switch circuit will be a constant drain on the RC cars battery, they use toggle switches for a reason.

i dont want to build the switch with the power coming from the RC car Battery. i want to build it with an independet battery (9V or 12V, or less if it's possible)

Okay, then it will be a constant drain on THAT battery.... There is a reason why they use toggle switches! RC cars are not constant use items, they go through bursts of usage and then sit idle for a long period of time (months) Even given a completly ideal setup the battery would drain on an IR receiver pretty quickly, say in a week, on a well designed setup.

so in that case is there any way to build a wireless or infrared switch with low consumption?? or i will need to build a circuit with a normal switch that when i want to turn on/off i need to open the RC car? :S

It's not an electronics problem, it's a switch location problem.. Simple physical engineering. If it's not where you want it, MOVE IT.

You have a perceived sollution (IR remote style button pushing) to a perceived problem (The switch isn't where you want it to be when you need to use it) There is no real problem method or sollution to your problem, as you don't actually have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…