Need help with my first boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

sal

hello. i am trying to build a small bot, that moves like a tank (with tank treads).
it's a RC bot (like a Bomb squad bot). my problem is that i don't know how to build the circuit to connect all of the components, and how to connect a USB modified WebCam so it can transmit wireless to a receiver on the "CP".

what does cp Mean?

Well It appears that you have a small amount of knowledge when it comes to electronics.

I would recommend a kit that has tank treads and all you have to do is add an h-bridge for your electronics, which is a motor control for your project. Since you are a beginner I would recommend the motor mind c, it's easy to use and you can connect it to an RC receiver so you can control it remotely with a futaba transmitter or hitec or any other company that makes transmitters, they all should work.

Here's a website that you can mess around with to find kits and mostly everything you need to do your project.

**broken link removed**

I would recommend a book also, so that way you can further your knowledge about robotics and the basic concepts of electronics.

Last edited:
how to connect a USB modified WebCam so it can transmit wireless to a receiver on the "CP".
Buy yourself a cheap wireless security camera & monitor and save yourself some grief. Trying to make a USB web cam broadcast wirelessly without a PC on a small bot is a VERY difficult task.

kchriste said:
Buy yourself a cheap wireless security camera & monitor and save yourself some grief. Trying to make a USB web cam broadcast wirelessly without a PC on a small bot is a VERY difficult task.

Actually it is not all that difficult however the negative of doing it the simple way is it is very cost effective. So it would just be a good idea to get a cheap wireless camera as stated but you could use your own household tv to view the camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…