need help with my project using ntc 10k and z-80

Status
Not open for further replies.

bakaborta

i need help with my progect i was making device to measure tempreature using z-80 microprocessor and ntc 10k
if any one can help me with the tempreature/resistance curve of the sensor
and how to connect it to the adc 0808
or suggest another type of sensors and how to connect it to the adc

Well you're probably 25-30 years late asking the question?, there are very many better devices these days for the job. I can't help you with Z80 code, but if you really want to use such an antique systrem I can give you a couple of pointers.

Reading a thermistor - you can do this without an A2D, do using the thermistor to charge a capacitor (check my PIC joystick tutorial for an example, or your PC joystick port which does the same) and timing how long it takes.

As regards the linearity of the reading, you can either perform a mathematical calculation (if it has a sensible solution), or you can use a lookup table to convert it - this is probably easier, and with a Z80 you've got plenty of space for the table.

You might consider using a modern temperature reading IC, which gives a direct digital reading of the temperature?, or a modern linear IC which gives a linear voltage output depending on the temperature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…