need help with school

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I think I was going somewhere here. Oh yeah, you need to study the instructor, learn their teaching style and adapt accordingly. This has helped me through much of my coursework.

You will find a few teachers that are less then the best in most schools. Mikebits advice above is right on the mark. I would add that not only do you have to understand the teaching style, but their testing style. When you know a teacher wel you should know to about 90% what they will have on the test. Most teacher have some way of letting you know what is important to them and it is not always obvious Know what is going to be on the test and get it down pat.

In additon to that you need to actualy learn the material. The two do not always agree. Work as many problems as you can, that sort of thing.

at this school every class we have is a different teacher, right now i believe i will be with this one for 12 days then a different teacher or they might keep him with us for the next class as well. which by then i hope to know this guy.

I have a question for you guys about reading from the book and to what percent of that is actually needed everyday... What i mean by this is, if i read a chapter say on relays or magnetism.. Actually we read magnetism first then relays. But anyways, what i mean is, i read magnetism out of that chapter am i supposed to know that chapter or just the basic concepts of magentism.. Meaning not that we have to know all the definitions and everything about magnetism but the simple facts of the mechanics and how this is implied in relays, as to why and how it works correct????

Actually we read magnetism first then relays.
That makes sense due to the fact that relays work because of magnetism.

But anyways, what i mean is, i read magnetism out of that chapter am i supposed to know that chapter or just the basic concepts of magentism..

This is a fundamental concept that will be used over and over again as you progress. It would be in your best interest to build a strong foundation to support the many concepts the build on this basic concept.

Meaning not that we have to know all the definitions and everything about magnetism but the simple facts of the mechanics and how this is implied in relays, as to why and how it works correct????

The important thing is having a good understanding of the concepts. With that said, you should consult your instructor as to what material, definitions, etc that you will be tested on. The instructor should be able to tell you what you will be expected to memorize.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…