Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

eng.samir

hi every one
am new here and i wish if any one can help me .....
i have to design an audio amplifier using BJT transistor.
the required gain is around 55db.
i got this circuit
**broken link removed**
but am not sure how to calculate the components values, i hope some one can help me with that .

Last edited:
Hard to get that much gain from a single stage. This one gets ~44dB.

Attachments

• Draft37.png
    Draft37.png
    26.7 KB · Views: 123
  • Draft37p.png
    Draft37p.png
    22.5 KB · Views: 106
thanx alot

how did u get the values is there a program or site show you how to do it ? and if you can pls give me an example of a circuit that can get 55db

also what is the name of the simulator you use?

Last edited:
thanx alot

how did u get the values is there a program or site show you how to do it ? and if you can pls give me an example of a circuit that can get 55db

also what is the name of the simulator you use?

I learned how to bias an simple transistor amplifier and how to calculate an RC time constant as an EE undergrad in 1967 :D A good text book like the Art of Electronics will have the design proceedure...

To get 55 db (which is almost a gain of 600), you would need to cascade two stages, or use an opamp....

I use LTSpice (free download). Check out LTSpice User's Group on Yahoo, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back