Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverick2310

hey ..i'm new here.. n i need help.. i'm doin my 3rd year in Electronics n communication engineering in India.. We hav to do a mini project as part of our curriculum.. cld anyone suggest me a project...searchin for somethin based on microcontrollers.. but others r also welcome...have to sent in the synopsis next month...

Thanks
Sachin

Hi Sachin,

Welcome to the forum.

let others know about your strong points-say hardware , software, and other past experience,
in the mean time you also google for college projects in Uc or any other topic of your interest.
this will help others to logically suggest best suitable to you

all the best

You could do a traffic light system for a road intersection.

Have 2 LEDs and push buttons for the pedestrians and 3 LEDs for the motorists on each road.

This is relatively simple but will introduce you to a variety of techniques such as timing, debouncing, etc.

See Nigel's tutorials for ideas on timers.

Hi,
Ayne you are right in recommending optical datalink.
i had not seen mant cell BTS using a long cable leading their RF power output upwards and linking down, Rx RF back to the receiver. this cable offers attenuation and also leakage and related maintenance problems. i was also thinking during my service tenure as Engineer in Indian telecom, -- why not have an optical link upto the tower top and have the final amplification and down conversion there by sending only DC there. perhaps this also can be commented upon by eminant brothers on the fourm.
I use this occassion to wish one and all in our FOURM---A HAPPY AND PROSPERUS NEW YEAR 2007-- AND LOT S CONTRIBUTIONS TO THIS FOURM AND MANY MEMEBERS TO BENIFIT BY THIS DURING THE COMMING YEAR 2007.

thanks for the replies

I was plannin of incoporating hardware n programming.. i am thinking of doin something based on voice control/command.. i thought of home automation but its kinda common out here... i also thought abt controllin a car but only functions i can think abt are movin foward backward left n rite..is there anythin else i can do.. or any other applications based on voice control.. the IC i'm planning to use is HM2007..is there any other better IC or is this fine?? the specifications say tht the IC is speaker dependent( tht is it can recognise only one voice) but in turned out to be speaker independent wen another person used it...anyways being spker dependent or not is fine with me i jus need some cool application...

Thanks
MAverick;)

Voice control will be next to impossible if you have to ask for a project on a help forum. If you want to do anything with voice control, use a PC with windoz (i am not sure if linux has voice stuff, yet).

It is amazing how college students have to ask for help on finding a project ('cause they obviously don't know how to do stuff), and then they decide on making something REALLY complex. Pff......... :rolleyes:

hey Mark,
shockin to hear u say tht voice control is somethin next to impossible..may be u must not be familiar with it.. well it has been done earlier by few of our seniors n tht too not by using windows or linux.. so i dont think tht its next to impossible...so cld ya help out in suggestin some applications??

N kindly do not under estimate people..

Thanks
MAverick

Oh i know that it is possible, but not for someone that has to ask...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back