Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help??!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohaisen

hey guys ... first of all this is my first post here..and i just want 2 say u r doin' great...

i need a small help :confused: ... i have a schematics that gererate a sawtooth and a square wave ..i want 2 modify that design so i have gererate a sin wave also ..thnx :)

i dont mind if u provide another design

Attachments

• sawtooth.JPG
    sawtooth.JPG
    18.5 KB · Views: 155
hi,
To get a decent sinewave from your circuit is not easy.

I would suggest that the 'front end' is a sinewave osc, which is then squared up using a compartor. This will give a 'square' wave that can drive the integrator to provide a sawtooth.

Does this help?.

Get this application note #31, lotsa examples.
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
A pure sine-wave has no harmonics.
A pulse-wave and sawtooth-wave have both even and odd harmonics.
A square-wave and a triangle-wave have only odd harmonics.

A lowpass filter can reduce harmonics. The second harmonic is at a frequency that is close to the fundamental frequency so it is very difficult to reduce without also reducing the fundamental frequency. Therefore a square-wave or triangle-wave are the easiest to filter into a sine-wave.

i show your circuit modified to produce a triangle-wave and square-wave. The triangle-wave is filtered with a 2nd-order Butterworth lowpass filter circuit. The output sine-wave still has some harmonics, a 4th-order Butterworth filter circuit or switched-capacitor Butterworth lowpass filter IC will reduce the harmonics much more.

Attachments

• function generator.PNG
    function generator.PNG
    23.5 KB · Views: 113
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back