Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

haro1

:confused:

I Had a Gear Motor die on me a few days ago, to replaice it would be costly so I found a good donar at the surplus shop:D, but I cant power it up this unit has all the features of the original and one more, (reverse) CW and CCW, the motor uses a 7µf cap, and has 3-wires, The original motor was just 2-wires. I am just hooking a pwr cord to it for now, I just cant get it to spin:mad: I know it does. The diagram is simple.

3-wires and a cap.

**broken link removed**

How would you wire it up?

Thank you for any reply.

Last edited:
Sorry, there isn't much to see on your schematic.

This is how the motor should be wired. Always have one wire out the cap go directly to the motor.

Boncuk

Attachments

• 3PHASE-MOTOR.jpg
    3PHASE-MOTOR.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 109
I have had no luck with this, I seen it working in the shop, it was out of a fluid control valve, it was working fine, I got the motor but not the cap I took down all the info on the cap and replaced it: 370v 7µf the cap does not look the same but it is brand new. it is 115VAC single phase, the unit it is going in will reqiure some modification but first I would like to see it working, I am testing with a 2 wire (cut) extension cord pluged directly into the outlet.
thank you for the reply:)

I got it I found 2 cork bushing (if you can call them that), they were putting pressure on the motor shaft, I removed 1 piece of cork and the motor will spin now:D thanx.

Last edited:
I got it I found 2 cork bushing (if you can call them that), they were putting pressure on the motor shaft, I removed 1 piece of cork and the motor will spin now:D thanx.

It's not the worst idea to check a motor manually by turning its drive shaft by hand before connecting power. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back