Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dj Wizard

Hello i need help i have to control a dc motor .. using a parallel port it should control the speed and direction using PWM on assembly .. so can anyone help me

You can't control a motor off the parallel port which supplies very low current. You will have to use an H-bridge to connect to the parallel port.

The H-bridge must match the motor rating or higher.

Connecting a load like a motor directly to the parallel port you'll most likely fry the UART inside your PC, which means a new main board regularly.

Boncuk

ok then i must connect the parallel port to the h bridge then to a motor.. do u knw how ... ? coz i have no idea about it !

some one told me i can use relays and 2 (2n2222) transistors and one power amplifier(tip122) does it work ???

Of course you can use relays driven by transistors.

It's also a matter of motor rating. High current consuming motors and relays are not a wise combination since the contacts will burn out pretty soon.

A better way is using an H-bridge. Check out the data sheet of the L293 in a DIL-16 package.

It is a dual half bridge which can drive motors ranging from 4.5 to 36V at 1A.

The internal logic is easy enough to connect just two signals from the controlling device for L/H, R/H and fast motor stop.

The data sheet also contains a wiring diagram for bidirectional DC-motor control.

Boncuk

Last edited:
thanks man for the info the dc motor plus the lcd worked .. now i need to control them both using a mutliplexer.. or a buffer.. which one is better and which ports i need to connect to both ..
thnx in advance .. u really helped me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back