Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

smithmr20

I have a wire for a car audio accessory, now currently the product being installed is pushing 300mA and I need to make some sort of board (or something!) to convert that 300mA to 1amp. Is there a quick easy way of doing this?

Thanks..

I have a wire for a car audio accessory, now currently the product being installed is pushing 300mA and I need to make some sort of board (or something!) to convert that 300mA to 1amp. Is there a quick easy way of doing this?

Thanks..

You need a relay. Connect the coil to the 300 mA output and use the relay contacts to switch the 1A load.

You need a relay. Connect the coil to the 300 mA output and use the relay contacts to switch the 1A load.

Ok, great! Now, what type of relay would I use for this setup?

Sorry this is not my field, I greatly appreciate the help guys.

Thanks again.

You need a relay with a 12 V DC coil, and with contacts rated for at least 1 A at 12 VDC.

There are many styles of relays you may use, from small printed circuit mounted ones to the ones used to switch extra headlights, horns, etc.

Just visit your local auto parts or electronics parts store and ask for 12 V DC coil relays, and check the specs of the diferent models they offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back