Need new Soldering iron :0

Status
Not open for further replies.

windozeuser

My old Radioshack soldering iron is starting to overheat! They whole thing turns black in the matter of say 10 minutes. And it seems to have a mind of it's own.

So I'm junking it. I want to get one of those temperature control models from weller. Problem is I don't know which one to buy. I want one that is for general electronics hobby use, able to solder a wide range of componenets at varying temperatures. Like Interegrated circuits and transistors. Also I'm looking to spend a maximum of $200

Thanks.

I've been using one of these nearly everyday for about 15 years.
I've only had to replace the tip once..

**broken link removed**

There are many other quality units out there, Weller included..

I've been using this Weller WES51 with a fine tip for SMD and through-hole projects for two years and I'm very happy with it...

**broken link removed**

Good luck... Regards, Mike

radioshack seems to have the worst irons ever

i was working with one on a big job, it was a soldering gun and after 20 minutes of continuous soldering the primary coil on the iron burned up and was unfixable

moved to a craftsman gun and its goin strong

moody07747 said:
radioshack seems to have the worst irons ever

i was working with one on a big job, it was a soldering gun and after 20 minutes of continuous soldering the primary coil on the iron burned up and was unfixable

Definately, I will never buy a radioshack product again. I've had bad expirences with radioshack police scanners, CB's, Soldering irons, you name it.

I only buy electronics components from there. (Only when I can't wait for the shipping from digi-key, or Jameco).

Btw - Mtyhbusters is the greatest show ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…