Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need recommendations for a C Compiler to replace an old IC96 C Compiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

kle

Hi,

I've been handed over a group of source code files (.c, .h, ...) written in C and a compiler IC96 (DOS 5.0 <046-N> iC-95 Compiler V2.3). I was told these files had been compiled, linked and used to generate a HEX file to program M27C256B EPROM chips without errors.

That was a couple of years ago. The source codes are still compiled without errors using IC96. But linking the compiled objects give errors. I don't understand the nature of the linker enough but by trials and errors, I'm under impression that the linker throws errors because there are more objects or the total in size is bigger than the linker can handle (I was able to link a few objects but not all of them).

If I want to re-use the source codes with a new/better/more recent compiler to ultimately get the HEX file, currently at 52KB in size, what would be your recommendation? I don't need all the bells & whistles. Just a good tool to compile, link and to generate the HEX file.

Thank you kindly for your insights.

/*-------SAMPLE OF LINKING COMMAND THAT FAILED DUE TO MANY OBJECTS--------*/

rl96 12345.obj, cstart.obj, alpha.obj, alphasup.obj, init_isr.obj, util.obj, lcd.obj, led_key.obj, lower_s.obj, alphacom.obj, c:\ic96\lib\c96.lib to alpha RAM(1Ah-0FFh,8000h-9FFFh(alpha)) ROM(2000h-207Fh,2080h-7FFFh(cstart)) ixref

Can you post the error message(s) the linker outputs? Maybe your code is just too large to fit in the EPROM memory.. or the memory range you have defined in the linker command.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back