Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need RTD help

Status
Not open for further replies.

buntay

Hello everybody,

I am working on some upgrades for my work. We are using RTD's to monitor temperatures of food products. I have replaced the outdated hardware with a new windows based control system. But my problem lies with getting RTD input. I have to use these types of probes due to USDA requirements. So, does anybody know of a chip that all I do is hook up the 3 wire RTD and it spits out a value serially? I need an accuracy of +/- 1 degree, I can do the calibrations with my software. I believe the are 100 Ohms RTD's due to the fact that at room temperature they read 102. Any help with finding a chip or a simple board setup would be greatly appreciated.

Check the Omega web site.

If you are looking for a simple, commercial turn key solution I use these units from Inor. I buy through Inor USA. They offer signal conditioning for several PRTs in 3 or 4 wire as well as Thermocouples and other signals. They provide two wire output of 4 to 20 mA. The Inor web pages start here with Contact Us information.

The same type units are also marketed by Omega Engineering as well as others. What you are looking for is RTD Temperature Transmitters. So Google may help. I would suggest you know exactly what you have before buying any signal conditioning.

I like the Inor units because they are fully programmable. You can likely buy a hand full of chips and make your own but if you want turn key out of the box I would suggest something like what I have linked to.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back